Monday, September 17, 2012

New Year, New Beginings.

Hello Earthlings! This is Moiz coming to you via the new and improved UTSC Pulse Blog. I was asked to introduce myself in a short paragraph but personally, I’d like to think I’m a little (or a lot) more complex than a short paragraph! Anyway, my name is Moiz and I am a second year Neuroscience student at UTSC. I’m into performing/writing poetry and spoken word pieces so I figured being a blogger would be a perfect way to get my thoughts and pieces out there. I was also a blogger last year on this very website so some of you might remember how amazing my posts were! I’m also a huge sports-fan, I love playing/watching just about any sport you can name. You’ll be hearing from me every Monday on this very blog! Agree or disagree with what I have to say? Have an idea that you'd like me to blog about? I am open to all kinds of feedback and questions so feel free to leave whatever in the comments box below!

So last week marked the beginning of a new year for all students at UTSC. Before I get into my story, I want each and every one of you to get a piece of paper and write down a few goals you have this year. These goals can be ANYTHING --  academic, health-related, money related, anything you can think about. Heck, you can even write down that you want to get yourself a pet iguana this year.  I want you to write them down and stick them in a place that you look at everyday. I prefer to stick them on my desk because that's where I usually live most of my school life. Anyway, I want you to check each goal off as you do it, and by the end of the year I'm going to ask you to check that list of goals and be proud of yourself for even attempting to accomplish them. I ask you to do this because I personally feel that our generation is too hard on ourselves and everyone worries about "what they could've accomplished" rather than "what they did accomplish." This way, you can see what you have accomplished on paper and trust me, it'll feel amazing looking at that list in eight months.

So last week the SCSU organized a party at the meeting place called "It's Graffiti TIME!" The concept sounded great. Dress up in all white and get graffiti artists to spray paint yourself. This was the first event I had been too that was organized by the SCSU so I wasn't really sure what to expect. When the party got going things were running smoothly, everyone seemed to be having a good time and enjoying themselves. The graffiti was a very cool concept and the open spacious area in the meeting place set the atmosphere for the night. I did however have a problem with the amount of lights that were on, the area seemed too bright at places to me. Also, the DJ was below average. The songs were just too short and there was no build-up to the drops. That area could definitely use improvement. All in all, the night went well and most people looked like they had fun.
 It's Graffiti TIME! - First Annual Meeting Place Party
Let me know what you guys thought in the comments section below. Maybe I'll get to see some of you on the next event!

Until next time.
Peace and love,

Moiz

1 comment:

  1. "The graffiti was a very cool concept and the open spacious area in the meeting place set the atmosphere for the night. I did however have a problem with the amount of lights that were on, the area seemed too bright at places to me. Also, the DJ was below average. The songs were just too short and there was no build-up to the drops."

    I completely agree!
    For having an event like that for the first time in the meeting place (at least since I've been around) it wasn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Don't forget to join and FOLLOW our blog. :)