Hey Guys, it's E.A.P
Valentine's Day is right around the corner, but instead of being all Anti-Valentine's day, I thought I'd show my campus some love.
Yea, let's be honest; UTSC school spirit is a bit in the dumps. That being said, it doesn't mean we can't raise it.
I've been thinking since I do take courses at the downtown campus, I appreciate UTSC more.
I dedicate this post to UTSC. Here are the things I love about UTSC:
- The small class sizes. I would much rather be in a room full of 30 kids than 95
- We have some really awesome courses e.g "Women in the Arts: Hot Mamas, Amazons, and Madonnas," " Gender and Genre," "Music and Healing," and even a course on "Painting" to name a few.
- We're right next to STC, isn't that fun? You could go watch a movie in your 3-hour break (if you aren't broke yet).
- We got a Hero Burger and Taco Bell opening up VERY soon.
- We have really awesome guest speakers visit our campus. Who went to see Lawrence Hill the other day?
- There's always someone giving away free food. Yup, referring to DSL.
- We have a hot dog guy!
- There's always some new building opening up, but either way this campus isn't big enough to get lost at.
- I'm actually really glad our campus doesn't do that whole "colleges" thing that the downtown campus does. That way you don't have to go to like 3 different registrars to get something done.
- We have some awesome profs, Daniel Tysdale! :D
- Our school teams don't suck, we actually win most games! #RepUTSCSports
Just a few closing remarks:
I just feel like our school isn't given the credit it deserves. University can be fun guys! You just have to look, and if it's not there, take a chance and start something positive. Instead of complaining about how our campus spirit "sucks" take initiative and do things on this campus that you wanna see happen.
Next week I'll be attending Spoetic Poetry Slam on Thurs Feb 16th. One of my many pieces got published in an online zine (So stoked for that).
Epic Quote of the week: "Tell her that the only way her heart will mend is when she learns to love again."
Epic Video of the week: