Monday, January 9, 2012

A New Semester, A New Menu

It’s that time of the year again! It’s the first day of the new semester and I hope everyone had a very enjoyable winter break. The first day of school may seem kind of slow and you have to go through the trouble of falling back into a routine but I think it’s nice to get back into a routine after the holidays. While navigating the chaos of a new semester I did notice something that caught my eye. I noticed that Rex’s Den has a new menu and seeing as it was lunch time I figured why not go see the new menu for myself then write about it here!

Upon opening the new menu the first thing I noticed was that it looks MUCH better than it did before – though kind of reminiscent of Jack Astor’s menu layout. But who cares, it’s about the food! Upon browsing the menu, I was slightly disappointed in the fact that there have been some minor price increases. However, I’m not certain that the price increases are actually warranted. For example a serving of chicken wings before was $6.99 now it’s upwards of $9 and change for 1LB of wings. I have a feeling that when it was $6.99 you didn’t get 1LB of wings. There were a number of price changes to different things but the wings are what stood out.

What I really liked about the new menu was that many of the specials from last semester are now permanent menu items. For example the delicious bacon mushroom melt burger is now an official menu item. Though I kind wished to see the Fried Chicken on the menu as it was unbelievably good. Another aspect of the new menu that pleased me was to see that the best sellers off the old menu such as the angry rex burger had comparatively cheaper prices than the new menu items. Lastly Rex’s Den’s new menu features some suped up poutines such the Angry Rex Poutine, a poutine version of the angry rex burger and a chicken shawarma poutine! I’m sure these items will be popular as they make great take out items for class.

Have you had a chance to check out the new Rex’s Den menu? If so what do you think? How does the price increase feel to you? Let me know in the comment section below! Remember to follow me on Twitter for my latest thoughts and rants! @malcolmwong1 and subscribe to this blog!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Malcolm there is a new booze menu too. I'd love to know what you think of it as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be down there some time this week to sample the 19+ delights :)

      Delete
  2. always making me want to eat, Malcolm!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Don't forget to join and FOLLOW our blog. :)